December 8, 2023 – Magical Fees 2.9.0 Launched
- Added : Order fees. Growth plan merchants can add fees based on the total amount of the cart. This allows a fee to added based on total order, including taxes, and shipping.
- Added : POS percentage based fees. Growth plan merchants can add percentage based fees to an order created with the Shopify POS.
September 8, 2023 – Magical Fees 2.8.0 Launched
- Added : App home page. The app home page is now the default page when the app is loaded. Over time the home page be updated to provide daily value and answers any questions that merchants might have.
- Improved : Admin performance. The admin has been optimized to ensure the best load times when navigating the app admin.
- Improved : Admin layout. All pages in the admin have been revised to follow the Shopify App Design Guidelines to give a consistent look, feel, and create a predictable user experience for merchants.
April 21, 2023 – Magical Fees 2.7.0 Launched
- Added : Percentage based fees. Shopify Plus merchants can now upgrade to the Growth plan to set a fee as a percentage or a fixed amount.
March 23, 2023 – Magical Fees 2.6.0 Launched
- Added : Location based fees. Shopify Plus merchants can now upgrade to the Growth plan to add fees based on the customer shipping location.
March 7, 2023 – Magical Fees 2.5.0 Launched
- Added : Checkout UI extensions. Shopify Plus merchants can now upgrade to the Growth plan to use the new Checkout UI extensions. You can add a block to your checkout that adds fees to the customer order. This allows for collecting fees from other sales channels, not just the Online Store. The extension will display a message letting the customer know that fees are being added to their order.
- Added : Cart fees. Growth plan merchants can add fees based on the subtotal of the cart. This allows a fee to added based on whether the cart subtotal is above or below or equal to a certain amount.
- Added : Settings page. Details of the current plan are now displayed on the settings page. It also includes the ability to upgrade or downgrade based on feature availability.
- Improved : App performance. We continue to work to make improvements to the speed of the app admin.
January 19, 2023 – Magical Fees 2.4.0 Launched
- Added : POS support. Fees can now be created and edited through the Shopify POS. An Apply fees pos link, which is added as a tile, is required to apply the fees to an order.
April 20, 2022 – Magical Fees 2.3.2 Launched
- Added : Walkthrough videos added for each setup step to help guide the setup process.
March 22, 2022 – Magical Fees 2.3.1 Launched
- Added : App block customizations. The Fees total and Associated fees app blocks now include a field to customize the Information message that outputs in the app block.
- Improved : App admin loading. An issue that caused the app to not continue past the admin loading screen in some circumstances has been resolved.
March 1, 2022 – Magical Fees 2.3.0 Launched
- Added : Fee details. A new field is available on the fee editor screen for details. When this field is used the text will show on the checkout page below the fee to give more context.
February 28, 2022 – Magical Fees 2.2.0 Launched
- Added : Fees total app block. A new app block is now available to be added to the cart page allowing customers to see the total amount of fees that will be applied.
- Added : Associated fees app block. A new app block is now available to be added to the product page allowing customers to see the if there are fees that will be applied.
- Improved : Theme compatibility. The app now adds fees at before checkout to improve how fees are added and resolve theme compatibility issues.
- Improved : Help page. Added new instructions for Fees total and Associated fees app blocks.
- Improved : Onboarding page. Added new checks for Fees total app block and disabling Dynamic checkout.
February 16, 2022 – Magical Fees 2.1.1 Launched
- Added : Support for Blockshop theme.
February 14, 2022 – Magical Fees 2.1.0 Launched
- Added : 3-step guided setup process that displays upon app installation, deletion of all fees, a change to a theme that has not been configured, or deactivation of the app embed block.
- Added : Changelog page.
- Added : Overview page. Includes links to all areas of the app.
- Improved : Help page. Merges Help and Instructions pages with new layout and collapsible panels.
- Improved : Copy re-written throughout for greater consistency and clarity.
February 2, 2022 – Magical Fees 2.0.0 Launched
- Added : All Products: Condition to apply to all products.
- Added : Product Selector: Ability to apply fees to a product, group of handpicked products.
- Added : Collection Selector: Ability to apply fees to select a collection or a group of collections.
- Added : Rules: Ability to set if a fee should be applied to Every Product, Once per Product or Once per Cart.
- Improved : Condition Values: Product types, option names, and option values are now pre-populated with existing store values in an autocomplete.
- Improved : Theme support: Updated fee addition script to provide increased theme compatibility.
- Improved : Fee editor layout: Updated layout to make settings easier to understand and use.
- Improved : Help and instructions: Updates to reflect the app updates and make them easier to understand.
January 7, 2022 – Magical Fees 1.0.0 Launched
- Added : Create and Edit Fees with custom titles and prices that apply to products that match all or specific Product Type, Option Name, and/or Option Type conditions.
- Added : Fees are automatically added to the Cart when a product matching its conditions is added to it. The quantity of the fee in the cart automatically changes when the quantity of the product is changed.
- Added : Fees page listing all existing Fees added through Magical Fees.
- Added : Setup Instructions page with details on how to Add, Edit, and Delete Fees, as well as Activate and Deactivate Magical Fees on the online store.
Have a feature idea?
If you have an idea you think would make the app more useful to you and others, we’d love to hear from you.
Magical Product Fees
The Magical Product Fees app is a fast and easy way to build, customize, and attach fees to products or entire orders.
Shopify Product Fees Library
The best resources to help you level up your Shopify product fees strategy and help your business thrive.